Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's All In The Song

36Smile! Day 8

Going to church always brings a sense of peace and calmness over me. Other than praying, it gives me a chance to sit in quiet and listen and talk to God. I also liked the message from the scripture today, Matthew 2:1-12, Visit of the Magi. What gifts do you have to offer God in your life?

Most of the time, I think we are too busy with everything we have to do:
set the alarm, get our morning coffee, sit in traffic, drop kids off at school, get to work on time, meet the deadlines, healthy lunch, more meetings/work, time for happy hour?, pick up kids, walk dog, fix dinner, watch TV, go to bed and do it all over again.
Do we ever really think about what we have to offer God during those times? God gives up our talents, strengths and confidence, what else can we offer God?

Another thing I like to take in at church, is looking around and watching/listening to people sing the songs. Today, I look over at the Father while we were singing the opening hymn and he was singing along, smiling without even looking at his song book.

He looked so happy, so calm and ready to talk about God's word.

It made me smile.

Obviously this song meant something more to him, more then just a song, more then just some words on a piece of paper. It was a memory(s) connected to this song that gave him this over all sense of happiness. I loved it. I loved being in that moment.

Thank you Father for making me smile today.

No comments:

Post a Comment