Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chi Omega Is For A Lifetime

36Smile! Day 24

Recently, I was installed as the new Vice President of the Chi O Puget Sound Alumnae group here in Seattle. I couldn't be more honored and excited!

Chi O has been such a huge part of my life since I joined in the Spring of 2002 at the University of Houston. I then became very involved in my chapter as the social chair, then the New Member Educator and then President of Houston Collegiate Panhellenic Association—the organization governing all the sororities at UH.
I knew I wanted to be involved and hopefully make a difference at this "commuter school" when I enrolled at UH, but never thought that all that would happen. I think I did a pretty good job.

Now that I was in a city that had a Chi O Alumnae group, I couldn't wait to be a part of it. I was involved in the Houston area alumnae group but soon moved to Maui where there was no group. So I was beyond excited about this new opportunity.

There were a handful of girls who wanted to join the same time I did and most of were all "transplants", not from the University of Washington. We all had the same question: why isn't there an active alumnae group here? And what can we do to start it up? I think we're on a roll to revitalize the group here and I think we have some great ladies to do that.

Just today, I get an email from our new membership chair looking to set up another Chi O event at Maggiano's. We are planning on having our annual Eleusunian banquet there and the lady who is coordinating with Maggiano's is a Chi O too! Goes to show you there is most likely a Chi O some where!

We are starting on such a great note this year, have some great things in the works and I am so excited to be a part of something as special as Chi Omega.

No comments:

Post a Comment