Sunday, January 29, 2012

May There Always Be Sand In Your Shoes

36Smile! Day 29

Clooney. Paradise. Beautiful beaches. Who wouldn't want to see The Descendants. I have been dying to see this movie, as I am a huge George Clooney fan—really, what woman isn't?—and couldn't wait to see the beaches of Hawaii again.

Not a lot of people get to say they actually lived in paradise, but Chris and I are lucky enough to say that we have. It was such a wonderful and amazing opportunity and I am so glad we were able to do it. They always say you should travel "before you have kids because once you do, you probably will never get around to it."

One, thanks for making having kids sounds like a blast and something to look forward too.

Two, don't be jealous just because we were able to live out one of your dreams

Ha. Ha. Just Kidding.

No, really though. Living on Maui was totally worth it!

Watching the movie really brought back a lot of feelings and wonderful memories I experienced while we lived there.

It made me smile thinking of the many times we spent on the beach just drinking beer and talking about what life had in store for us next; just feeling the sand between our toes and the sound of the waves rolling on the shore; or the whales singing under the water while we were snorkeling; trying out the local food; receiving leis on special occasions; the beautiful scenery of beaches, clear blue water and green fields every where we looked.

To this day I of course, miss going to the beach whenever we want, wearing flip flops every day and walking around in shorts and swimsuits where ever we went. For now, it's my North Face boots and jacket, jeggings and peacoats that I live in.

I smile thinking of the day we are able to go back and smell the sweet, salty air, feel the cool breeze on our face and walk barefoot in the sand.

I hope one day we are able to go back, as Maui will always hold a special place in my heart.

Till then, may there always be a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes.


36Smile! is blog where Sabrina will be writing about and sharing memories that make her smile 365 days of the year! Too often, we are wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of this crazy little thing called life. We should take time out to enjoy the little things that make us smile and celebrate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment