Sunday, January 22, 2012

Daddy's Girl, I Am


36Smile! Day 21

My dad is by far, one of the sweetest most caring fathers I know. He is so thoughtful of everyone in our family and I am continually impressed by everything he does.



He, along with those closest to me, know how hard I have been trying to get a job, and unfortunately to no avail.

I get a card in the mail from him:

Daughter, I Love and Believe in You

Just several of my favorite lines:
"There are times when you truly believe in yourself. You are able to approach the toughest challenges head-on with the faith and conviction that you can do anything. But sometimes the muck of life really starts to pile up. (Isn't that the truth?)
I stand amazed at what you have done and am even more amazed when I think about what you are truly capable of."

This truly meant the world to me. As much as I start to doubt myself during this tedious job search, I take comfort in knowing that my family believes in me and what I am capable of doing. I have them to thank for the confidence I have. I hope I will be half the parents they are.

Another memory that makes me smile when I think about my dad, are all the father-daughter dances/activities we went to when I was younger. I remember the costumes, the way he smelled that night, how happy he was to be going with "the two most beautiful twin girls in the world."

He always is doing things to make his family smile and a thank you and I love you is all he needs in return. I am a daddy's girl, true and true.

What is something special your father has done for you that stands out in your mind, or just made your day a little better? What has your husband done for your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment