Monday, January 23, 2012

Princess on Her Wedding Day

36Smile! Day 23

Every girl wants to feel that way. A gorgeous white dress that fits like a glove. The beautiful bouquet made just for you that takes every ones breath away. All the decorations just the way you imagined it. Your something new, old, borrowed and blue are just want you wanted. Your father walking you down the aisle while your mother cries her eyes out.

The most important people in your life coming to celebrate the love you and your husband have for each other. Every word of this description makes me smile and paints a distinct picture in my mind.

So when I get a photo from my mom of my sister in her final dress fitting, I couldn't stop smiling.

She looked gorgeous and so happy. She said the dress fit like a glove and she felt like a princess.

It's that feeling. We all love that feeling. The butterflies in your stomach, similar to when you got on your first date with your future husband. How proud you felt to introduce him to your family. The excitement felt the night he proposed to you and changed your life forever.

I still get that feeling looking at me and Chris's wedding photos. It was by far one of the most memorable, fun, amazing and heartfelt memories in my life thus far.

I will forever remember the way I felt putting on my perfect dress, walking down the aisle hand in hand with my father, seeing my mother cry, being surrounded by friends and family and seeing Chris' smiling face waiting for me.

I can't wait for my sister to experience this with her future husband. We couldn't be more happy or prouder of her and Dave.

It's a time to relish life, be thankful for where you are, why you are there and who you are with. Because that is the only thing that matters.

It's you and him for the rest of your life. And it's a pretty damn good way to start the next chapter in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment