Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mushroom Rock, Maui, Hawaii


What image or place brings a sense of calmness over you?

Still to this day I talk about this place as one of my favorite places in Maui. Called Mushroom Rock, it's located by the Olivine Pools.

Words will never do this place justice, but here goes:

Majestic
Cleanest air to breathe
Serene
Calm
Peaceful
Quite
180 degree view of nothing but blue ocean
Listen to waves crashing and NOTHING else
Worries disappear, no care in the world
Smell of freshly, cut grass

It is definitely a hike to get there, but it is by far one, of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Chris literally had to dragged me away from this spot.

Once you get past the hike, you can walk right up to a mushroom shaped rock (see photo) and look over the edge and listen to nothing but the waves crashing against the rocks. You see nothing but baby blue water and the white caps of the waves. Take a deep breath in and it is the cleanest air you will ever breathe.

Whenever I am stressed, upset, depressed or angry, I will close my eyes, take a deep breath and imagine myself at Mushroom Rock. It brings me a sense of calmness and serenity.

I tell everyone who asks me and Chris about Maui and the places they should absolutely need to stop by Mushroom Rock. It will be a majestic and serene experience you wont ever forget.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

1 comment:

  1. Still to this day I talk about this place as one of my favorite places in Maui. Called Mushroom Rock, it's located by the Olivine Pools.uber black wailea alternative

    ReplyDelete