Sunday, November 13, 2011

Me? A Teacher? Why Thank you!

We all think we are good at something. Good enough to teach a class? Maybe some of us are a little more confident than others. But if I had the opportunity to be able to teach a class, I would love to be able to teach it about healthy eating and finding the right balance between a healthy diet and life-long healthy decisions.

It would be based on my website: Healthy
Food Healthy You which is a nutritional consulting company. Everyone has different nutritional needs and weight management goals and at Healthy Food Healthy You, we will work together to create a life style plan for you based on your nutritional needs and goals. There is always time to start your healthy lifestyle ­­— why not now?

Tutorial to include:
- Educated guidance to clients seeking nutritional advice, weight management tips and enhancing health and fitness performance
-Food supplement and nutritional advice such as vitamins and minerals
- Knowledge and resources to formulate and design your own personalized meal plan based on the new 2010 government healthy regulations
- Initial consultation to determine short and long-term goals
- Grocery Store Tour
- Reading(and Understanding) those Pesky and Oh-So-Long Nutritional Labels
- Exercise Tips and Suggestions
- At Home Cooking Experience for the working professional, on a budget (because who doesn't want to save money?)

Why do I feel like I'm great at this and the right person to teach a class on this?
Being a Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant I have extensive and functional knowledge of nutrition, weight management, daily exercise and how to combine all of these important skills to meet a clients lifestyle goals. I also can offer a sound nutritional plan for optimizing health; advise and present a balanced and nutritional strategy and provide nutrition counseling and education.

I have also been a long-time sufferer of psoriasis which is an auto-immune, non contagious disease that appears as dry, red scales on the skin. Learn more about psoriasis here. After undergoing medication trials, experimenting with topicals and injections, I am currently 90 percent clear and have all the confidence in the world. Having psoriasis has given me the drive to educate myself on eating right and making life-long healthy decisions as well as the want to get my nutrition and wellness certification. I want to give my clients the knowledge and confidence I have—and believes it starts with healthy food which makes for a healthy you.

I like to draw inspiration and stay on top of nutritional news by visiting The Doctors and Doctor Oz.

I also like to suggest following Women's Health(@WomensHealthMag) and Men's Health(@MensHealthMag) on Twitter. For easy health tips, recipes and so much more to incorporate into your busy life.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J


No comments:

Post a Comment