Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lots To Be Thankful For

"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues" Cicero

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, today's post only seemed right to write about what I am thankful for in my life.

My husband
My husbands job
Family
Friends
Our health
Our parents health
The roof over our head
Our puppy Mac :)
Being a mentor with the National Psoriasis Foundation
The strength and confidence God gives me to keep going every day
Katie Higgins, a new friend(and Chi Omega!) who has invited Chris and I to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family
Heat
Hot water
Warm clothes and water boots
The experiences, adventures and places Chris and I have been together that has led us to being happy today and everyday

The past two years living on Maui, I always got a free turkey from work—Thank you Grand Wailea—so no matter what, even though each year it was just Chris and I, I cooked that 12lb turkey with all the fixings and dessert. Needless to say we always had A LOT of leftovers. But we loved that it was just us, celebrating together.

Not to mention, I would help my mom cook at Thanksgiving, every year. This year, it's going to be the first year I'm actually not doing anything, besides bringing a homemade pie to my friends house. To say that I LOVE cooking is an understatement. So I'm definitely missing cooking and being around friends and family. So this year it's going to be kind of sad in a way. But we are thankful to be spending it with our new friends we have met here, knowing we have lots of love and support from our family in Houston.

I leave you with this traditional prayer of "general Thanksgiving"

Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you most humble and hearty thanks for all your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all people. We bless your for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your inestimable love in redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And we ask you, give us a true understanding of all your mercies, so that our hearts may be unreservedly thankful, and so that we show forth your praise not only with our lips but in our lives; by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days. We ask this through Jesus Chris our Lord, to whom with you and the Holy Ghost be all honor and glory, world without end. Amen.
This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

No comments:

Post a Comment