Monday, November 7, 2011

If I Could Do Anything As A Health Activist

… Get aspirational. Money is no longer an option. What is your biggest goal that is now possible? How could you get there?
Now bring it back down to size. How much of this can you accomplish now, in a year, in five years?

Once I got certified as a Health and Nutrition Consultant—and even before—I knew all I wanted to do was help as many people as I could. To be able to do that, I would want to start a Health Consultant company. But it wouldn't be one of those super expensive ones that charges this much for a consultant and then you have to sign a contract then meet with someone else before you even start talking healthy anything.

It would be called Healthy Food, Healthy You. I would make it super affordable for all types but enough to earn the best reputation for being one of the best companies out there. We would start with a consultant asking about current health status, areas of concern and questions, medications, etc. Then I would come up with a healthy food plan and recommendations that are easy to incorporate into the busiest of lives. We would talk about short-term and long-term goals and come up with a plan to meet both of those. I would also offer at cooking tips, recipes, grocery tours and even cooking lessons at a clients house.

Part of this company is not just about learning how to eat healthy, but it's also about being a healthy you. So it would have to include a Pilate's/workout area. I would be working with my best friend who is a Certified Pilate's Instructor. And we would offer Pilate's classes, easy exercises anyone can do at home, etc.

Everyone can dream big, right?

But then reality sets in. If I could accomplish this with in this next year, I can start with my website, which is still in the works. It is called Healthy Food, Healthy You. And include everything from above.

After five years, I would hope that the word has spread and I have clients with long-lasting relationships and satisfied with the results; word-of-mouth clients eager to get started; and an amazing studio to do everything.

While also showing people how easy it is start their healthy life as long as the motivation is there, I would also be able to bring awareness to living with psoriasis. I would like to be a guest speaker, guest blog or even write a book and talk about living with it and how to eat healthy to keep it under control.

I would continue to stay on top of my health certifications, attend conferences and network with those in my field. And hopefully it takes off from there.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

No comments:

Post a Comment