Sunday, November 27, 2011

Be An Activist Today

Today we are to grab any quote from this website and just free write. I decided to search with the word inspire

The word inspire means a lot to me, personally and professionally. As part of the NPF website, a website I contribute to is the inspire talk discussion boards. Discussions can range anywhere from psoriasis, to heart health, to healthy eating, to cancer and to anything in between. Anytime I write, what I always try to do is inspire.

When I searched this word I came across a blog title 100 Ways To Be An Activist and I thought it was a great way to get started. People are always looking for a way to get involved, big or small. This is a great place to start.

Since there were 100 ways and I wanted to just pull one but couldn't decide, I just closed my eyes and pointed to one. This is what I pointed to:

63) Start an informative website for people to go to when they want more information on what you're talking about.

That's exactly what I am trying to do with my health website. I want to give people a resource they can come to whenever they need a question answered on anything psoriasis or health related. It is still in the early stages but with my health certification I feel like that is my way I am able to give back. Let me tell you, it feels great knowing you have a talent and you can use it to help anyone who is willing to help themselves.

Not to mention I am also signed up to run the Jingle Bell 5K Benefiting Arthritis and I can't wait. Half of people with psoriasis will eventually get psoriatic arthritis. Runs like this can help get the word out and hopefully find a cure sooner than later.

Take a few minutes and read the post and see what you can start doing in your community to make a difference and help as many people as you can.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

No comments:

Post a Comment