Monday, January 31, 2011

National Psoriasis Foundation Mentor

I am excited to announce that I am officially a mentor for the National Psoriasis Foundation. It's mission is to find a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and eliminate their devastating effects through research, advocacy and education.

My role as a mentor is to provide disease and treatment education to mentees and to encourage and support them through their initial diagnosis, major flares or during a difficult time.

I have to say, I love this opportunity NPF has created. I have had psoriasis going on 10 years and I honestly wish I had these resources: education, event information, treatment availability and other people going through what I was going through. It can be an embarrassing thing to deal with if you don't know what's going on with your body and much less how to explain it to others.

I first became involved with NPF last August when I participated in their National Psoriasis Awareness Challenge— we had challenges every day of the month of August. I learned a lot about myself (I have accepted having psoriasis and want to educate those around me); find a lot more resources I didn't know were out there and now I'm able to help out others.

I am also excited to incorporate my love for nutrition to this aspect of my life. Eating healthy plays a big part in someone living with psoriasis.

I look forward to this next step in my life and I hope that I am able to help others going through the same thing as I am.

To learn more about psoriasis or how to help find a cure, visit the National Psoriasis Foundation

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment