Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend on the West Side




I definitely relish the weekends we have together here - because they don't come often enough. That is thanks to working in the Hospitality industry - open 24/7, 365 days a year - yay.

So when I saw that I actually had a Saturday off, I was ecstatic. We got to sleep in—well, let me rephrase that—Chris slept in, I slept till about 8:45. I honestly can't sleep any later. Once my body gets the 7-8 hours it needs, I'm good to go, literally. My body just naturally wakes up. I would have to say that I am definitely my dad's daughter in that aspect(among many). My day, still to this day, will be up at the crack of dawn. Doesn't matter what time he went to sleep, he is up to get his day started. Thanks dad, I like it this way too :)

I am also a big breakfast person. So I always love being able to stay home and fix breakfast for us. On the menu was homemade Huevos Rancheros—Christopher loves anything Mexican. I have to tell you , they tasted great! AND - he had breakfast in bed. I'm the best.

I put some left over turkey I had in the slow cooker, along with my recipe for Turkey Chunky Chowder so it would be ready for us when we got back.

We ended up spending the day in Lahaina (one of our top fav places here). We love shopping on Front Street. Yea, it's pretty much safe to see that we both have a shopping problem- which isn't good. Seeing as how that is the only thing we really spend money on here. Well, that and eating out. We have a blast going in to the real surf shops here. It by far was a tell-tale sign of the things we use the most here: Chris bought new Reef sandals and I bought a new Billabong swim suit. That's pretty much what we use the most here. Oh, and the day before, Chris was there with his family and bought a swimsuit for himself, too.

It's so weird to see how our wardrobe has changed. We honestly spend out time in shorts, swimsuits and flip flops, or "slippers" as they call them here- I do not like that word BTW. But I think we like the way it is right now.

Then of course, we had to eat lunch at Cool Cat's "Best Burger on Maui for 7 years in a row." Ironically, I had a mahi mahi sandwich, which was so flaky and moist- satisfied my fish craving. I eat their burgers all the time, I like to switch it up. Chris on the other hand, does not. "Why get something else, when I know what I'm going to get is good." We're SO different! I love to switch it up. But we balance each other - that's why we work so well, in case you were wondering.

Next, was beach time at Ka'anapali. It was such a pretty day, considering it had been raining like cats and dogs the last couple of days. Nothing like, beer in the hand, sun on our faces and crystal clear water to swim in. I tried to meet up with my cousin, Carla, but we always miss each other. Maybe next time.

Time to head home. The whole day was amazing. And even better - I didn't have to fix dinner. It was waiting for us. Thank you Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker. We even had the leftovers tonight and it tasted great.



I love weekends like this. I love spending time with my husband doing things we like to do. I love knowing we are making the most of our weekend/time/free time here.

Why can't I be off every weekend, or at least a Sat or Sun? Can all our weekends be like this?

Did you make the most of your weekend/free time?

2 comments:

  1. I finally figured it out how lo leave messages in your blog...
    I enjoy your blog a lot. I always read it, but I wasn't sure how to leave messages.
    You definitely have a great writing style. Maybe you inherited from your grandfather. Besides that, most of your entries are very educational.
    Keep up the good work.
    I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, far away daughter! Enjoyed Mom reading your bloh to me. GLad you are having such a wonderful time. The time that we spent on Maui was fantastic and we hope to come back and see you all before you leave. I still get up early, but not quite early because I'm watching late night movies until 2 and 3 in tghe morning. I hope you two have a great life. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete