Wednesday, April 14, 2010

6 Months To Go!

Wedding time!!! Our wedding is less than 6 months away - I can't believe that already! We couldn't be any happier! Everything is coming together so well, we can't wait till the big day.

Right now, we have finished the invitations (after some persuading from myself!): wording, check. Design, check. Colors, check. It looks so good! Sorry, no previews! The things we are trying to decide on now are the size of the invitation and the size of the envelopes - there are so many options. We are waiting on quotes from some printing companies, mostly from some Houston companies (wouldn't you know it). But we have already received a quote from Colorado Printing Company which is pretty decent. Our guest list is almost final. Things are coming together and it makes us so excited!

Meanwhile, my parents are having a blast purchasing things for us and going crazy at Hobby Lobby. Even as I'm writing this, it brings a smile to my face. Both of our parents have been so supportive with everything for this wedding. I get calls from my mom every day asking me things like "this would be great for the punch, don't you think?" "we bought several more bottles of wine for the reception," "do you want a really cute bag that says Bride on it in rhinestones (yes, please!)". My parents have always been super involved in our lives and I thank them and God everyday for the person I am because of them. We really do have the best parents in the world.

Just a little wedding news front!


People always ask us how things are going with the wedding. We definitely couldn't do it without the help of everyone back in Houston. If we ever had an doubts about coming out here to Maui, it all subsides when we speak to our family and friends and they convince us we are doing the right thing.

Next thing on my list for this month: get my girls to try on and order their bridesmaids dresses. Who knew it would take so long for girls to go shopping and try on dresses?! lol! They are all making plans to get their butts to David's Bridal so that part of my mind is set at ease. Did I mention, I have the best girls?!

One other thing we did get done this weekend, was get Christopher fitted for his ring size. We looked at several rings stores and he tried on lots of rings. I think his favorite was a Paladium cut ring at Ben Bridge. BTW, they have excellent customer service (she even shined my ring for me!). We will be back. He also needs to get fitted for his tuxedo and style as well. Seeing as how there isn't a Men's Warehouse here, that might be a little hard. What he probably will end up doing is getting his measurements done at a wedding shop here and chose his style online so his guys can do the same.


Whhhoooooo.... that's a lot!

OK, Stay tune for more wedding news as we decide on the invitation size and ship it off to get printed :)

2 comments:

  1. Boy, have you been busy!!!! I love to read about your plans! And I am very happy we can be part of this major stage of your life.
    We love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks mom!! We definitely couldn't do it without y'all!

    ReplyDelete