Thursday, April 29, 2010

With 163 Days To Go

.....we are crossing a lot of things off our list! Today we went to a Tuxedo shop to get Chris fitted with the right sizes and see what styles of suits he liked. It was so exciting! We decided what style, just haven't decided on whether he (and his groomsmen) will be wearing a tie or bow tie. I think we're both kind of leaning towards the white tie, with a white vest etc. I'm still not sure about a bow tie.....

Another thing that kind of sucks for us is that there is no Men's Warehouse or Al's Formal Wear, so it makes it SO hard! Now, what we have to do is, send his sizes to Men's Warehouse, decide on the style that we like from what they have online then he will only have like a window of about a week and a half when he gets into Houston for the wedding. Ugh!! Seems a little frustrating right now, but it will all work out :)

Next thing on the list is the bridesmaids dresses. Yes, I know I thought we already decided on one, but I think my girls changed their minds. Hey, we're all girls! It's totally normal. This dress stays with the classy look that I want and is elegant at the same time. I love the belt instead of the silver jewel which was on the other one.
My girls will look great in anything, but I think this style will suit them all and I've heard a yes from five out of six. Just waiting on my other and I think we should be good!!

Now, we're trying to decide how to print the invitations. Should we go with just plain (but still looks good)? Should we add a gold foil stamp (our favorite so far)? Do embossing? Lots of decisions but printing them a certain way, will of course cost more money. Since we're trying to help my parents out as much as possible, we're trying to stay as affordable as possible. So we're still trying to decide. Because invitations are important. It is how your guests will see the theme and your overall wedding impression for the first time. We want it to look classy and elegant while at the same time not breaking our bank (or our parents). Stay tune....

I feel a lot better that we got Chris all measured up and decided on the style. We have a little more time for him and the guys, but the sooner we take care of everything the better. It is never bad to be early, just bad to be late :)

I'm still on the look out for some white shoes for the ceremony and of course my splurge for the wedding a pair of crimson Blahniks or Louboutin's. Anyone who knows me knows I love my shoes so of course I have to have a pair of gorgeous crimson (the color of the wedding) ones for me :) If anyone knows of a good website for affordable pair or knows someone who knows someone who knows someone.... let me know PLEASE!!!!

We are also taking our engagement photos tomorrow! FINALLY! We are so excited to get some really great shots of us together and what a better place to do then on this beautiful island of Maui on one of the best beaches of the world. It's ok, you can be jealous. Check back later as we post our photos from the wonderful Sean M. Howard.

That's all for our wedding update for now. Stay posted on the rest of our decisions and check back in the next couple of days as we peruse the island on a zip line tour this weekend, YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment