Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Engagement Photos, Zip Line Tour/Photo Shoot, Haleakala hiking, Paia Town, Adam Sandler

This past weekend was probably the most jam-packed, fun-filled, exciting weekend we had!

1) We finally had our engagement photos taken!! Yay! I have literally been trying to take these photos since we got engaged(which is now almost a year and a half!) The wonderful and talented Sean Michael Hower took the photos. And I will tell you we were in such good hands! I've worked with different photographers before and i felt very comfortable with him and definitely recommend him for any of your photography needs. Check him out at http://www.mauiweddingmedias.com/
Not to mention our photos came out MAGNIFICENT! We absolutely love them! Check out the rest on our Facebook page!

2) Another exciting thing happened on Friday: i received my iPad!!! I ordered this thing March 12 and it arrived April 30. Yea that's too long for me or anyone to wait! None-the-less I got it and I haven't stopped playing on it since. This thing really is revolutionary. Everything is so fast! The one thing I was worried about was the typing because it's all touch screen. But it isn't hard at all. In fact, it's super easy! The thing that I don't like right now is that you cant upload any photos yet, or I just don't know how. So far, that's the only thing I see that i would change. Well that and the whole Skype thing. There isn't a camera on this thing and I Skype every week to my parents in Houston. I may just have to break down and buy the camera once they get it. Ok enough about that!

3) On Saturday, we had a zip line tour/photo shoot lined up with Skyline Eco Adventures by Haleakala.The photo shoot was for Maui Time (the alternative weekly Chris is the Art Director for). We hadn't had the chance to do a zip line tour since we've been here, so that was exciting in itself. I was a little nervous at first, but it was sooo much fun! Just a few things I have to say about it: there were only 7 zip lines; it wasn't so much a tour, they just talked about some birds you would see, which BTW we never really saw; and the only fun one was the last zip line which was 750 ft drop and you went about 40 mph, but that's about all my friends. Since we did it for the magazine, we got to do it for free (the wonderful benefits of him working for a local entertainment mag). But I'm not sure i would have paid to do it. I would honestly use that money and go on a helicopter tour instead. Sorry Skyline! Nothing against you! The tour guides were actually awesome!
On a little side note, on our way up there we had a little extra time and stopped at a local stand and had some breakfast. These are the things that I love. These little stands are every where throughout the island. The food is so good, the coffee is fresh, local and delicious! Not to mention there are local flowers that you wouldn't find anywhere else. So gorgeous!

4) After an exciting start to the weekend, we decided to go hike up through Haleakala. "This special place vibrates with stories of ancient and modern Hawaiian culture and protects the bond between the land and its people. The park also cares for endangered species some of which exist nowhere else. Come visit this special place - renew your spirit amid stark volcanic landscapes, sub-tropical rain forest and the unforgettable experience of hiking the back country." How can you not want to go there? The views and scenery were out of this world! It was so serene. We were 10,000 ft, above the clouds. It was just unbelievable. And we live here! We can come back whenever we want! This is what we moved here for. We definitely don't take living here for granted. Studies show that if you do new and exciting things together, or even just taking a walk with your significant other, is such a good thing for your health and your relationship. I agree!

5) Now it was time for lunch. We decided to go to one of our favorite towns, Paia. It's such a laid-back town and has great food, what's not to love? When we were driving down the street, who do we spot? Mr. Adam Sandler himself. For those who don't know and who may be living on a rock, him, Jennifer Aniston and Nicole Kidman are all here in Maui shooting the upcoming movie "Just Go With It" So we actually ran into them at cafe they were eating. I work with his kids, so I have met him and his wife before. We went up to them, made some small talk and Chris actually got a photo of him holding the Maui Time! For evidence: After that, we ate lunch at Milagros. This food is delicious! Some of the best fish tacos i have tried on the island.

Our day was complete! This weekend was just sooooooo much fun. Along with having a great job, and being here with love of my life, weekends like this make living it worth it. Now we just have to see how we can top this weekend.

I'm sure we'll find a way :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like y'all had a great weekend. Makes me jealous and wish there were more interesting outdoor things to do in Houston. Odd, but the picture of Adam Sandler looks like he doesn't have this arm in his shirt sleeve : / weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. it was really fun! i was delighted with the ridge zipline adventure..i felt like i was flying for real... :)--happie

    ReplyDelete