Friday, May 21, 2010

Find Someone To Love the You You Love

For all those SATC or Sex and the City (for you non- fans), you know this quote. With just five days to go before the sequel comes out, I think it's only appropriate to talk about all the great things we have learned from SATC.

Fashion: It is only appropriate to start out with this one! Coming from a big fashinoista- what I like to call myself- I love watching all the fashion trends on this show. Everything from Manolos, Gucci, Chanel, Louboutin, Hermes and so much more. Young women around the world drew inspiration from Charlottes classic look, Miranda's power-house suits, Samantha's sexy vixen dresses and Carrie's "fashion forward ensembles." This is especially important now because they are showing you can still be sexy and look great in their 40's and 50's. Even though I'm not quite there yet, I think that is much needed. Women need to know that turning older isn't just "turning older" you're much more wiser, beautiful and have lived life. Celebrate the age you are, don't hide it. You are only what you perceive yourself to be.

Friendship: A single lady looking for her Mr. Big, a high-powered lawyer and full time mom, a sexaholic who can't say no and a polished, conservative, happily married of one all manage to stay friends through life's ups and downs. Every lady can draw on their relationships with each other as they each represent a different woman in America. It is so important to have that close group of friends you can always call whenever anything is wrong, as we saw and will continue to see in the sequel. No matter what life, friends, family, jobs throws at you, your friends will be there- waiting with a cocktail in hand- to be your listening ear.

Jobs: They each have their own professional career and manage it with grace and elegance. Especially in a busy city like New York, you are able to see them excel at what they do best, even asking advice from their friends along the way. They also continue to manage every other aspect of their life as well. Why can't everyday women do it? We just have to tell ourselves that nothing is impossible and everything is attainable.

Love: Besides fashion, this one is my favorite. We all feel a void if we haven't truly loved before. You know the saying, if you haven't loved and lost before, you haven't truly loved. I honestly believe in that. I don't think Carrie would have been able to find out she truly loved Mr. Big if she didn't lose him once. Like I always say I don't regret anything in life, especially my past relationships because they have made me the person I am today. I am able to truly love Chris and be in love because I know what it's like to truly love someone. I have never loved anyone the way I have loved him. But that wouldn't have happen if I didn't love myself first. "If you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." Thank you Ms. Carrie Bradshaw.

Everyone needs to learn to love themselves first and I believe everything else in your life will fall into place.

Thank you SATC for all the things you have taught me. I can't wait to find out what adventures in life, fashion, friends and love this next part of your life brings you. Come on MAY 27!!

No comments:

Post a Comment