Friday, May 7, 2010

Cinco De Mayo Celebration on Maui

OK, I know I'm one day late with this post, but better late than never.

Cinco De Mayo is kind of special to us. Three years ago on May 5, Christopher and I hung out for the very first time. I had only been at ENVY about a month or so, and Chris asked me what I was doing for Cinco De Mayo - I would be studying all day. So May 5 comes, and we end up text messaging ALL DAY. I ended up meeting him at Onion Creek. I was with Nikki Trejo - who is a Bridesmaid - and he was with Joel who is also a Groomsmen. Chris had me smiling and laughing the whole time and not to mention he couldn't stop flirting with me. OK, so I flirted with him too.

Ever since then, we have been together. So every May 5 when we were in Houston, we would go back to Onion Creek. Yesterday, since we are on Maui, we of course wanted to keep with the whole Mexican theme. We ended up going to Amigos. A place we hadn't tried yet. But since we live here, we are always looking for new places to try. Amigos was GREAT! It's a super small, place, but good service and GREAT food. We started with some ground beef nachos (no sour cream - I gotta keep healthy here ;) Then he had a burrito with chile relleon and I had Carne Asada. The steak was very juicy and this was some of the best mexican food we had on the island. The only minus was that Amigos - along with all the other Mexican places - don't have queso! What's up with that? None-the-less we still had a great time, along with our Negra Medelos.

It brought back a lot of memories also of where we were and where we are going. If you would have told me that he was the guy I would end up marrying and him making me the happiest I have been, I wouldn't have believed you. This is honestly the best relationship I have been in and I thank God everyday for him. I think he is pretty thankful too. We compliment each other; we like the same things; we finish each other's sentences; we have fun together; we want the same things out of life and our careers; we have the same passion; we both come from great families; we are soulmates. What more could we want?

Three years down and many, many more to go. We have five more months till our wedding and we'll be husband and wife. I like the ring of that.

Hope you're Cinco De Mayo was as good as mine.

In honor of us hanging out three years ago, here is the photo taken on May 5, 2007 at Onion Creek in Houston, TX. A recent photo of us at Amigos will be up soon.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I totally remember this; I met up with y'all that night. I am so happy for the both of you and can't wait for the big day!!!

    ReplyDelete