Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Monday Catch Up, Tuesday Make Up & More

Project 36Smile!

After a very busy and jam-packed weekend, there were things that needed to be done around the house. 

Cue Monday Catch-Up Time

When you don't have a job, you spend your time job searching, networking, job searching, networking—you get the point. 

I decided to take a break from that and clean the house. Not sure about you, but I can't really function if I have a dirty house. Especially if I'm working from home. Out came the broom, vaccum, Wet Jet Swifter and the handy dandy Clorox wipes. To work I went. 

I don't know what it is, but I felt so much better when I was done. I think it comes from my mom. She always made sure we made up our beds every morning—which I still do to this day, much to the dismay of my husband. But it starts you off on the right foot. Make your bed, and your day is ready, as corny as it sounds. Do it, and you'll feel much better. She always liked to make sure the house was spick and span whenever people were coming over. Even if we people weren't coming over, the house still had to be clean because you never know who and when you'll have company. 

Since I knew I was going to be cleaning for the better part of the AM, had a meeting at 5:30 and Chris would be off of work later than normal, I wanted something in the Crock Pot that would be ready when we came home. 

I combined, petite diced tomatoes, black beans and kidney beans, tomato sauce, chopped onions, garlic powder and Slap Ya Mama Sauce (google it! It's a staple in my house) and six skinless, boneless chicken breast. Set on high for 4 1/2 hours. Take out the chicken, shred it, stir to combine. Serve over quinoa or brown rice and you have a hearty and healthy meal ready when you come home! Will post recipe on my website soon.  It was delicious!

I also had a great meet up with Emily of Banyan Branch. We have similar stories about moving to Seattle, searching for PR jobs, meeting people and the oh so famous Seattle Freeze. She is well connected on Twitter and connected me with some more people as well. I am always grateful for the people that I meet here and the connections I make. You never know what will happen. Thanks for the chat Emily! 

Today, found me catching up on some PR freelance work, emails and social media. I also had a friend from Mary Kay come over and show me some new colors for spring and their new all natural skin line called Botanicals. It felt so light and non-greasy. Contemplating purchasing it...... hmmm, I think I'm an easy sell. But I didn't buy anything, so I get a little pat on the back.  It was great to just hang out and have a little make up session. 

I also got in a short run. No matter how long or shot my runs are I feel so much better about my day and my self that I got out there and exercised. Even if it's just for a 30 min walk around the block, your body will thank you later.


36Smile! is blog where Sabrina will be writing about and sharing memories that make her smile 365 days of this year! Too often, we are wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of this crazy little thing called life. We should take time out to enjoy the little things that make us smile and celebrate it! The "S" in 36Smile resembles the "5" in 365 days a year. 



1 comment: