Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Food Truck Happiness


Project 36Smile!

I am not sure what is going on with the Seattle weather lately, but I am loving it! Did you hear that Seattle? Please stay this way. Thanks!

Sunday greeted us with sunshine and the Mobile Food Rodeo. Chris got VIF (Very Important Foodie) passes from his work and we met his friends Ryan and Gina there. We had a blast!

I have to confess, we have been here almost a year and haven't tried one food truck. Seeing as how this seems to be the mecca for food trucks, I am not sure how we managed to go this long. But we were like little kids in a candy story.

I wanted to try everything but atlas didn't. Here is a run down of what we had and the verdict:

Mini Donuts: Best mini donuts! The right amount of crispiness to dough ratio, sprinkled with the cinnamon and drizzled with caramel. I'm craving them as we speak.

Jemils Big Easy: Cajun Sampler. Definitely had the spice, but authentic Cajun food complete with dirty rice. Chris LOVED this one.

Crisp Creperie Seattle: $10 for a crepe? You're kidding me! But it was totes worth it. I opted for their savory roasted, turkey, bacon, quac, and roasted onions. Great portion for price, could've been a little warmer for my liking. But I will be back to try their myriad of sweet ones.

Street Treats: Oh.Em.Gee. You can't go wrong with ice cream sandwiches. Homemade you say? Even better. The Cobra was calling my name: double dark chocolate cookie filled with chocolate ice cream. YUM! This is a must!

Skillet Street Food: They had Poutine. If you don't know. Google it. A Canadian food staple. We first tried Poutine at a little restaurant in Port Townsend that was known for Poutine. Best decision ever. They weren't like the ones in Port Townsend, def had their own taste. Not bad.

Tokyo Dog: Japanese Style Hot Dogs. This was all my husband. For $7 you get a huge hot dog with speciality toppings. For a hot dog, it was tasty. Too mayo-tasting for me, but Chris liked it.

Rollin' Q: "Southern Down Home Cookin' BBQ" Mark your truck with that and this Southern Girl is there. The $5 chopped beef slider was calling my name. After a little bit of a wait, I sank my teeth into this moist, juicy slider—and it was worth it. But for the price I would've like to see another slider or some fries. I will try their Mac-n-cheese next.

We also managed to make our way to Safeco Field to watch the Mariners pull out a win against the Twins.

SIDE NOTE:  I was not crazy at how the event was run in general. Stay tune for my solutions on how I would've made it better.

All in all, it was a GREAT day with GREAT food and GREAT friends.

What did sunny Saturday have in store for you? Lemme know!


36Smile! is blog where Sabrina will be writing about and sharing memories that make her smile 365 days of this year! Too often, we are wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of this crazy little thing called life. We should take time out to enjoy the little things that make us smile and celebrate it! The "S" in 36Smile resembles the "5" in 365 days a year. 






3 comments:

  1. Hey Cupcake! In Austin...Nuff said LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Iesha! I am obsessed with Cupcakes, looks delish! I will have to go to Austin to try! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cupcakes too...I satisfies the craving without committing to a whole cake! LOL I'm doing great! I didn't realize that you'd moved to Seattle last year. How did that come to pass? I hear it is really beautiful there. I'm sure it was a major shift coming from Hawaii though! :)

    ReplyDelete