Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Holidays and Birthday Celebrations in Maui

Well we have been here about 7 months and we have already celebrated Christmas, New Year's and Valentines Day together. On March 5, we celebrated Chris' 28th birthday here!

The first time we have spent those major holidays and celebrations without our friends and families. It has been a little difficult and of course we miss our family a lot! But there is just something about spending your life with the love of your life. *more on this in the next blog*

We both worked on his birthday, so it started out like any other day. I surprised him with some friends at work meeting us at Kahului Ale House to have some drinks before dinner. They even brought balloons! He loved it! I made reservations at Mama's Fish House. OMG was it delicious!! Photos on facebook. They had a personalized menu (Happy Birthday Chris) which we got to keep. The food was some of the best fish we have had on the island. Chris had the MahiMahi and I had the Salmon - so good! Then they surprised him with a fruit sorbet and a candle! We followed our dessert with some dessert wine (which he wasn't too fond) and some Haupia (coconut candy). One of the most romantic dinner's we have had here. We honestly don't go out nearly as much as we did when we were in Houston. So when it's a special anniversary or birthday, we make the exception. And it was definitely worth it. After dinner, we drove down to beach (we love being able to do that!). He opened his present. I bought him some awesome boardshorts. P.S. it is sooo easy to shop for him now that we are living here. He has continued to say that those board shorts are "the best ones" he has ever gotten. Yea, I pretty much know him like that back of my hand.

The next day, we did one of his favorite things to do here: snorkeling. The water is a little chilly now, but it was still amazing! Of course, we saw turtles! I think every time we have gone snorkeling we have seen turtles. It's pretty cool. Also, you could even hear the whales singing under the water. That was probably the coolest thing. Then we drove out to Lahaina - I think that's our favorite place and ate lunch at Cilantro's. Of course, Mexican, because that's his favorite. Food was great! Then we did another one of his favorite activities: boogie boarding. Well, he boogie boarded for awhile, I sat on the beach for awhile. Then I went to boogie board :) We're getting pretty good. But I still think I kicked his ass... hehe! We had a relaxing dinner at home and then went to watch Alice in Wonderland in 3D.

All in all, it was a great birthday weekend, if I do say so myself.

We wished we could've been home to celebrate these holidays and our birthdays.... but I think we're doing pretty good here. We will be home soon enough to celebrate the biggest even in our lives - our wedding!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment