Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Give You....

HAPPY (LATE) MOTHER'S DAY!

Yesterday was the first Mother's Day we were not with our mothers, and to tell you the truth it was kind of weird. Thanks to Skype, we each got to talk to our mothers and families. My sister was cooking a wonderful meal at home and my brother and sister-in-law, my sister's boyfriend (who is like my big brother), and Steph (a bridesmaid) and her two handsome twin boys, and of course my daddy. It definitely wasn't the same. My sister even sent me a text "Cooking Mother's day dinner definitely isn't the same without you." I couldn't help but smile. But I did give flowers to a co-worker who has four kids and a grandchild; she is also a friend to me: Mrs. Roberta Beeson. She always gives me rides to and from work, lends a listening ear and is just a sweet person. Chris and I also bought some beautiful, potted mums for our neighbor who lives above us. She is a divorced lady who always fixes us food and keeps an eye on our cat. So we paid it forward to the "Mothers" in our life.

We also went to a wonderful Church service where the father recited a great homily about mothers. He said mothers give us roots and wings. They give us roots to keep us ground and wings to let us fly. This is so true and my mom fits right under that category. I am the grounded, self-confident person because I know my roots, where I come from and have a strong family background. She and my father also gave us our wings to explore what we wanted to in life. Without them we wouldn't be where we are and the people who we have become. Chris and I have wonderful mothers (and fathers) and we thank God everyday for them.

I hope you celebrated the Mothers in your life. Not just yesterday but everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment