Thursday, May 19, 2011

Make it a Great Day!

Yesterday I went to work with a really positive attitude, which I usually try to do. I started my day off at the local coffee shop because I had some time to waste when my husband dropped me off. I sipped on my latte, did my usual social media and blogging and started to walk to work. Which is only about a 5 minute walk.

The weather was gorgeous. That's the beauty of living here on Maui. It's about 85 degrees everyday and I don't have to think about what I'm going to wear in the morning. Shorts it is! If it happens to be cold wear you live: use that as an excuse to wear (or buy) your boots your dying to wear. Or buy a new scarf and show it off! Every time I walk to work I always think about how lucky I am to be living here and to actually have a job. There are a lot of people unemployed, looking for work, in between jobs and not getting any results. About 54 percent of recent college graduates haven't found a job yet. When I hear that it just makes me thankful for the job that I have.

The rest of the day I was determined to make it a great day with a smile on my face. I love being able to spread that attitude anywhere I can. Because believe it or not, attitude and a smile are very contagious. Think about the last time you saw a random person on the street or at work and they smiled at you. What did you do- smile back right? At least I hope so! The rest of the day seemed to fly by.

Working in the hospataility industry you don't have any wriggle room to "have a bad day." These vacationers come to Maui and my hotel to have a great time and forget about what ever troubles they left behind. So I feel it's my duty to continue making them feel that way. I greet everyone with a smile, ask how they are and where they are from. If you havent noticed, people LOVE talking about themselves. That in turn, makes their day a little better because of one simple question you asked them. I hope they leave me thinking "yes I am going to have a great day and you helped."

I always believe that your day will be the way you want it to be. If you wake up thinking it's going to be a bad day, then yes, it is going to be a bad day. Try this next time, wake up and know that it is going to be a great day. I have days where I get frustrated with my job because it's not what I want to be doing. But there is a reason why I have this job and I am grateful to have it and have that extra income that a lot of people don't have.

Start your day with a good breakfast. Doctors time and time again say that it is the best thing to do to help maintain weight so you don't overeat during lunch. Eating breakfast also gives you and your body the energy it needs to begin the day. Smile at a random person. Ask your co workers how their day is. Call a friend you haven't talk to in awhile and catch up. Do something for YOURSELF. Dont concentrate on what you feel are the bad things in life because it will hold you bad. Put your daily medication on your psoriasis, keep them moisturized and go out knowing you can do anything and you know what "things could always be worse." Your problems don't define you - you define yourself and how you are going to live your life. Take a daily walk, and even though your problem of the day (not the job you want; snooty co-worker; unsupportive boss; hostile work environment; not enough money; car needs repairs; kids stressing you out) isn't going to disappear with in the day, know you are doing the things you need to take care of you, your body and your family. Everything else will fall into place.

So what's it going to be today? Make it a great day! What's something in your life you are thankful and grateful for?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You really are my inspiration, sweety. I do some of he stuff you suggest and I really believe it works. But you "refreshed" mi ideas. Thank you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete