Monday, February 20, 2012

Top Pot, Church, Lasagna, Mac and Cheese, Chili and a Wife In-Between-Jobs

36Smile! Day 48 & 49


Day 48 Sunday, Top Pot Donuts, Church and Lasagna
Today, Chris came to church with me, yay! We stopped at Top Pot to get him his donuts too. It would be just like Houston, if only a place here had Kolaches!!!!! Cmon on Seattle!

It was a great homily too. The Father talked about how Lent is coming up and explained it a little for those newly baptized Catholics, which I thought was a great thing to do because most fathers don't do that. He also talked about what he was going to be doing this Lent. Instead of giving up something he was going to make Jesus his "Go To Guy" He explained that like most people, he is very independent. That we all rely on ourselves too much and don't reach out to God as often as we should.

This got me smiling. Too often we obsess about what we are going to GIVE UP for Lent but not what we will be doing. I think this is another great way of building and deepening your relationship with the Lord. Instead of just reaching out to him when you need strength or help through a difficult time, let him be your go to guy for everything.

I feel happy to say that I will be making Jesus my go to guy this Lent season. Whenever I need strength, I have a perplexing problem, having a disagreement with some one, need some peace and quiet—I will make him my go to guy. Let him answer whatever it is that I need help with. I know this will only deepen my relationship with the Lord and I am happy to see where this journey takes me.

Today, we also took care of stocking the fridge for Chris before I leave. He does not cook and probably wont ever. And seeing as how I cook every night, he is in for a treat lol. I made lasagna today so he will be able to eat on this for a couple of days. We bought some soup and Kashi frozen meals. I say Kashi because almost 98% of the frozen dinner have outrageous sodium and caloric numbers. Kashi is better. I will also be making Healthy Mac and Cheese and Chili which make great left overs.

He should be good for two weeks.


Day 49 Today
The beauty of having a wife "in between jobs" is having her bring you the headphones and breakfast bars you forgot in the morning.

I get a text from Chris saying "It's going to be a crappy today because...." of the aforementioned items.

I was already in my running gear and eaten my pre-run meal. So I grabbed his headphones and breakfast bars to give to him. AND I even got my 3 mile run in under 25 min, yay!!

The best part was when I got to his work and called him he sounded so surprised and happy. I didn't tell him I was coming. It's a good thing he doesn't work too far either. I'm glad I was able to make his day just a little better.

It's the little things that matter in life.

Have 15 mins? Stop and get your wife her favorite bottle of wine. Meet him for lunch if you're out running errands. Send a text to let them know you are thinking about them.

And just know that the little things you do put the biggest smile on the faces of the ones you love.



36Smile! is blog where Sabrina will be writing about and sharing memories that make her smile 365 days of the year! Too often, we are wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of this crazy little thing called life. We should take time out to enjoy the little things that make us smile and celebrate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment