Thursday, April 26, 2012

What Do You Have and What Do You Know?

Project 36Smile!


I will be 28 in August and it feels good to say that I know and have almost all of those and still have time to do most of the others things listed. 

A few that stood out to me:
HAVE: A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying. What fashion-forward female doesn't? 
HAVE: A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30. Every lady should!

KNOW: How to fall in love without losing yourself. Best feeling ever. 
KNOW: That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents. I am so confident with the way that I look and I think that's so important now. With all the stories out there about kids wanting to starve themselves to look like these famous super models or actresses, girls need to feel comfortable in their own skin. We have to love ourselves first in order for someone else to love us. 

I am beyond excited to turn 30. I know most people don't look forward to their birthdays, no matter what age. Not this girl here. I celebrate each year because I am lucky to be alive, surrounded by people I love and married to the man of my dreams. I think we all need to approach our birthdays like that. Be grateful for what you're given. 

Something else that made me smile today was talking with my brother. He lives in Colorado with his wife. My family has a cabin up there and they have been there going on a year now. I recently saw them at my sisters wedding. It's nice to catch up with him. He is a super intelligent person and I always enjoy the conversations we have. 

Read an interesting article today? Had a conversation with some that made you smile just because? I would love to hear about it!


36Smile! is blog where Sabrina will be writing about and sharing memories that make her smile 365 days of the year! Too often, we are wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of this crazy little thing called life. We should take time out to enjoy the little things that make us smile and celebrate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment