Friday, June 4, 2010

124 Days To Go



It's the start of June and we have 124 days to go to till our wedding!! God, it doesn't sound like that much time left, but there are still lots to do.

1. We are still waiting on quotes from the printers for the invitations..... Waiting is the worse part! I want to get those invitations printed and see them so bad! We wanted to have some embellishments (gold foil stamp and/embossing) but because of our budget, we're not able to. But because Chris is such talented designer, were going to make it work with the wonderful design.

2. One-out of six- of my bridesmaids finally ordered her dress. Yay!

3. Trying to decide on a rehearsal diner site is a little harder then I thought it would be. And I used to book these sites when I was working with Pennino and Partners for our client events. Right now, Chris' mom is working on trying to find a venue in the downtown area. That is one of the things to accomplish this month on my timeline, so I know she will do a great job on finding one.

4. Chris decided on his formal wear style. So, now he is waiting on a rep from Als Formal Wear to contact him and get everything setup. Then get the information to his guys. Another thing to get done this month. He will look soooo handsome!

5. Guest list is pretty much finalized. Were at about 175, which you're supposed to invite more than what you intend to come. So we'll see how that goes lol! All our addresses are in the excel sheet, and my mom is working on putting her families address in the excel sheet. It's coming along.

6. We have our hotel booked for that night staying at one of HotelIcon's suites. We couldn't be more excited!

7. Another thing I'm trying to do is plan a brunch for the following day. All my extended family from Argentina will be in town, about 12 people, then my family and Chris' family. So if it's affordable i really want to try to get our families together one last time. Key word there is affordable my friends. I will keep you updated.

8. We are also trying to find transportation for my family to and from the Rehearsal dinner and of course the wedding. They will most likely be staying at my parents house (yea, that's a lot of people you might say, but were one big happy familia!) so I'm looking into finding a van/limo rental for those nights at little or not cost. When your fiancé is an award-winning designer, you can have him deign things for a trade. I am in the process of negotiations right now lol

9. As of today, we both got our tickets!!! That is definitely something I have been wanting to take care of and get off my worry list. We both got tickets at about $527, and that trust me is the cheapest it's been at. We are leaving on different dates to go back to Houston but we got the same return flight back to Maui - as a married couple :)

10....... My dress! I already have it but I'm still so nervous about. I have to go back about a month before the wedding to have the fitting. Thing is, it's a size 10 and it has to be altered to a size 0/1. Hopefully all that can happen, and happen well, in the amount of time I have. That's another AAAAHHHHHHH!

Ok so the list goes on and on....but my good friend Jessica Garcia is graciously donating her time to help plan and do the day of coordinating. I'm soo lucky to have such great people in my life.

I just can't wait to spend the rest of my life with my soon to be husband. That sounds sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment