Monday, February 1, 2010

New Year, New Life

Ok, so it's been a little while since Chris and I have updated this website. I apologize. I didn't remember the log in and all that junk. But I am determined to keep this updated now.

I can only begin this by saying that Chris and I have been extremely lucky to be able to get this opportunity. I'm not going to lie, there have been some tiny bumps along the way: Are we making the right decision? Can we afford this? What if I, Sabrina, don't find a job? What are we going to do about housing? What are we going to do about our wedding?

Needless to say, there were A LOT of questions and doubts in our mind. But when it all came down to it, it only seemed like the right thing to do. No mortgage, no kids, done with the school, why not??

We have been here for about six months now. Half a year. Wow, I still can't believe it's been that long. And we are LOVING every minute, day and experience we have been through.


So far to date we have:
1. Driven the road to Hana, several times, and find new spots every time
2. Jumped off cliffs
3. Seen and swam in some of the most beautiful waterfalls
4. Been to some of the top beaches in the world. Don't think we will ever be able to go back to Galveston now
5. Found a place to live, $850, all bills included and about a 15 min walk to the beach
6. Snorkeled some of the most beautiful (yea, those words will come up a lot) spots here
7. Swam with turtles
8. Been to black and red sand beaches
9. Sabrina found a job working at one of the gorgeous resorts here, The Grand Wailea Resort and Spa as a camp counselor
10. Went to a Luau
11. Had three of Chris' friends visit us and showed them the island (When are my friends going to come?!)

Ok not too bad! I'm sure I've left some stuff off, which will be updated later! Most everyone has seen pictures that we have posted on Facebook. We wanted to start this to keep a detailed blog of what we have been doing here, how our life has changed, and how in the hell we are planning a Houston wedding from here. Stay tune: Wedding planning in another blog.

In the beginning it was getting a little hard because I didn't find a job for 2 1/2 months, we were both getting homesick and getting used to this island lifestyle was a big change. We couldn't be doing any of this with out the help of our family and friends. Thank you for everything, we miss y'all.

I am a big believer that God always has a plan for all of us and I know he had this in his plan for us. Money has been a little tight for us, but we are actually doing OK right now. Still in the process of paying off some of our debt: moving us here, shipping Chris' car here. Those were the big things. But we are taking it one day at a time, and loving every minute.

Come back and follow us as we live the next chapter of our lives here in Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment