Friday, July 1, 2011

Many Mahalos Maui

Wow, exactly one week to go! It's getting here so fast.

It hit us first here, when our good friends The Shafer family, packed up and moved back to Cali last week. Then we realized, we are not too far behind them.

We have already got a lot of things accomplished:
1. Two out of six bags are fully packed.
2. All our furniture is sold and/or spoken for.
3. Lease ends July, so it worked out perfectly.
4. My cousin and Chris' friend are taking our dishes and pots and pans.
5. We are donating whatever clothes we don't pack - and yes we have already started a pile. (our place is a disaster right now).
6. Our car arrived in Seattle three days ago, a week ahead of schedule. So now we don't have to worry about that.
7. We have narrowed down where we want to live: Ballard or Queen Anne. Going to look at several places once we arrive next weekend, eeek!
8. And get a dog once we get there. This is a little higher on my priority list then it is on Chris'.

We are making our list and checking it twice. Everything is coming to an end here quickly.

Yesterday was my last day of work (for now) at the Grand Wailea. It has been the first and only job I have had since being here. I have met some good people and made some great friends. It was evident yesterday as they got me a cake and card signed by everyone. And my friend Karen even gave me an aloha photo album filled with photos, and a Plumeria sterling silver bracelet. Karen and her husband are actually from Seattle and they have been filling us with all their knowledge, likes and dislikes of Seattle.

Funny story: when I told Karen the possibility of us moving to Seattle she said "oh, you are a total Seattle girl. You all are going to love it there." I sure hope she's right!

Chris and I never expected to stay this long and have made such great friends here. We are truly going to miss this atmosphere, all the adventures we have had(living in a TINY studio for a year; all our gorgeous Hana road trips; my sister and his friends and family visiting us; many Maui sunsets; snorkeling Molokini; surfing in Lahaina; running outside; 80 degree weather EVERYDAY; wearing shorts, tank tops, swimsuits and flip flops or "slippahs" all the time; living right down the street from the beach; several restaurants (but food is not Maui's finest point) and so much more.

I can't begin to describe everything else Chris and I have been through, but we definitely wouldn't change anything. I mean, how many people get to say they started their married life on Maui?! Three more months till outr newly wed phase is "technically" over. But it doesn't mean it will be over for us. Another new adventure. Another new job(hopefully two). Another new home to settle into. Another new dog to complete our family. Another new experience I wouldn't want to take with anyone else but Christopher.

For everything we have done, for all the adventures we have accomplished and for all the people we have met: we thank you for making Maui feel like a second home, taking us in and making us feel like family. Our Maui memories will always be filled with your love, smiles and aloha.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment