Friday, December 24, 2010

Dedicated to the Wonderful People in My Life

On Christmas Eve, I have so much to be thankful for!
1. Wonderful husband
2. Amazing family
3. Great friend
4. My strong faith
5. Being healthy
6. Having a job
7. A roof over our head
8. A car to take us to our jobs
9. Food and water
10. Living in paradise

These are just the many blessings in my life. Living away from our family has been hard but what has made it easier for Chris and I is the fact that we are in this together - always have been, always will be. God has blessed us with living in this beautiful place and we definitely make the most of it. We are both close to our families and talk to them every day. We thank God for the amazing family and connections we have with our family and friends back home.

2010 had it's ups and downs, like life does - but I am proud to say that we have stuck it through like the troopers we are. My mom has been doing great during her chemo treatments, my dad's health is great and he is still as active as ever; my sister got engaged to her long-time boyfriend; my brother and his wife moved into a new place - oh yea, Christopher and I got married!!! We are surrounded by the best families in the world!

Having a strong faith is also important to me. One of my 2010 resolutions was to have a stronger and deeper faith: continue to go to church on Sundays, and Holy Day's of obligation, read the bible more. I am proud to say that I have kept that resolution up and it feels great. Faith is a strong part of my life and drives my decisions and makes me the woman I am and the wife I want to be for Christopher.

In 2011, I want to continue living my life with a strong faith because it feels so good; I want to learn more about Catholicism; have Chris want to go to Church with me; get my AFPA Nutrition and Wellness Certification (more about this in a later blog); get a full-time job; become a National Psoriasis Foundation Mentor; freelance more. These are things on my to do list and part of my New Years Resolutions. But to me, I don't look at my resolutions as something I "have to do," I look it them as something "I want to do." It really makes a difference.

I know God has amazing things plan for us and I CAN NOT WAIT to see what he has planned for us in 2011.

Have you held up for your 2010 New Year's Resolutions? What are you thankful for? What are you most looking forward to in 2011?

Some special words I want to leave you with:
As Christmas draws near, it's time to clean up the house so everything will be in order for the celebration. Going to church on Christmas will mean each of us has to get cleaned up and ready too. Cleaning takes a little time and effort, but the result is well worth it.
God takes time, if we let him, to clean us from the inside out. Ask God to forgive you for your sins. As God to help you love those around you. As God, to heal any hurts or sorrows you have. God is ready to create a new and clean heart within you.
Lord Jesus, embrace s with your love so that we might accept your Word in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment