Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Psoriasis Doesn't Define How I Live My Life

One of the challenges for National Psoriasis Awareness month which ended yesterday, was to come up with a way to express/raise awareness about psoriasis. We could write a song, poem etc. This is what I came up with. I hope it raises awareness about some of the major aspects of psoriasis and gives those of us living with it, a sense of confidence.

Psoriasis Doesn't Define How I Live My Life....

I define how I live my life.
Sure, psoriasis can be irritating, itchy, annoying and embarrassing
But why wouldn't we want to find a way to live our life without having to worry about what we have to wear next.

Psoriasis wont define how I live my life, I define how I live my life.

Life and daily activities can cause stress; Stress can cause a flare up; psoriasis can cause stress
Lets find a way to end this never-ending circle.

Psoriasis doesn't define how I live my life, I define how I live my life.

We need support and funding from local leaders, representatives and mayors.
Let's show them and the world that "psoriasis is a serious health issue—one that demands more national attention, research dollars and public understanding."

Psoriasis wont define how I live my life, I define how I live my life

Life is about loving the gifts we're given, the obstacles we over come, the milestones we reach, being confident about who we are and the impact we have on this world.
Psoriasis is only a little speed bump in the game of life.

Psoriasis doesn't define how I live my life, I define how I live my life

No comments:

Post a Comment