Thursday, November 18, 2010

One Year Ago

This wont be a long entry. Just a reflection on the past year here and with my job at The Grande Wailea.

November 11 marked one year since I have been at the hotel. I am thankful to have a job right now and grateful for the many people I am meeting. I have realized that I like the hospitality industry a lot. But that comes as no surprise to me, because I love being around people and feel comfortable interacting with high-level clients as well as guests at the hotel. There have been some highs and lows, but I am proud of the way I have been handling things. It shows a lot about my character, the strength I have and that you must have a thick skin to work in this industry - that's probably true for most any job out there.

Chris and I had no idea we were going to be moving out here in the short amount of time that it happened. We had goals for ourselves when we moved here, and I'm proud to say we have accomplished most all of them. One was getting me a full-time PR job. We quickly realized that wasn't going to be an option here. As most of the job opportunities here are with the resorts, and there are no PR agencies here - I don't even think people here know the meaning of PR/marketing. It can be a hard concept to grasp :) I am thankful for the background I have and the amazing mentor I had, Laura Pennino of Pennino and Partners. I wouldn't be as confident in my PR background if it wasn't for her and her amazing leadership role she took with me.

But I have lots of exciting ideas and hopefully some new projects in the works. So stay tune and we look forward to what God as planned for us next.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Where were you a year ago today and have you completed the goals you set out for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment